@subins2000 Idea is good. 😄 But I can't help but wonder:
1. are the "torrents" announced in the torrent trackers that you use in that site.
2. is it secure for sensitive files?
3. is the IP leaked?
4. the "room" is just 4 characters long - is it unique enough?
You might want to expand the FAQ a bit 😉
P.S.: There is also https://instant.io which nearly serves the same purpose. How does it compare?
Apologies if I am asking too many questions. Just being curious.
@ashwinvis Thanks for the questions. അപ്പോഴല്ലേ FAQ ശരിക്കും വികസിപ്പിക്കാൻ പറ്റൂ ;)
2. WebRTC communication is encrypted by default. But trackers can do MITM : https://github.com/subins2000/p2pt/issues/9#issuecomment-664633425
3. The peers won't be able to find each others' IPs.
4. The room ID is a quick hash of the IP address. Just looked it up, the collision rate is high : https://github.com/bevacqua/hash-sum/issues/4
It'll work for now as there are less users, but have to be increased later !
instant.io also uses WebTorrent, so same result
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!